Contact

Saturday 25 March 2017

First impressions...


I popped into Superdrug a few days to pick up a few essentials but that didn't stop me browsing for a while (a looong while) and picking up a few other bits. I limited myself to 6 items otherwise I would probably definitely have got carried away a tad.

1. Body Fantasies- Japanese Cherry Blossom
So I may have been living under a rock because up until now I hadn't actually heard of the brand but since I bought it I've seen quite a lot of posts about these body sprays and this one seems to be quite a popular scent *self high five*
Unlike a lot of body sprays, this one is so long lasting, I can still smell it on me at the end of the day which I find pretty amazing as I'm used to body sprays lasting on average 20 seconds.  I'm a bit useless at trying to describe smells so i'll just leave the notes in
Scents: Red Currant / Grapefruit / Guava / Raspberry / Strawberry / Cyclamen / Melon / Passion Fruit / Passion Flower / Musk

2. Frosted Cupcakes- Barry M Nail Paint
I am a huge Barry M nail polish fan and when the deal is 3 for 2 I am there like a fly to...
anyways I got the polish in 'Blue Velvet' and the colour is absolutely beautiful... Unfortunately this is one of those cases where the nail polish looks completely different on your nails than in the bottle. You have to apply multiple coats to see the colour (I'm not a fan of doing that) and the glitter doesn't really show on my nails.
To be fair I have only worn it once so maybe i'll learn to love it when I wear it again but I don't think its ranking very high on my list of faves.

3. Collection- Sheer loose powder
After sweating all my makeup off trying to take off the seal without spilling powder all over my floor my first impressions of this powder are positive. I must admit I have never used loose powder before and probably never again (fear of spillage is far too much) but this one does the job and a little goes a long way which is always a bonus.

4. Barry M Gelly Nail Paint
This sums up how my life goes. I am about to rave about this nail colour because it's a nude colour and I have tried so many nude colour nail polishes but because I'm so pale most colours seem to emphasise my paleness and the colour just looks awful. Not this one. It was love at first application! It goes with my skin tone well and applies nicely on my nails. The really annoying part is the name of the colour seems to have rubbed off somehow (I don't even know how that's possible) and the only clue I have is the number 40 on the bottom but after scouring the internet for about 15 minutes I cannot find out the name for this colour (If someone could help me I would love you forever)

5. Superdrug Layering Lab Body Mist
Again I'm not very good at explaining smells so here you go:
'The scent opens on a sparkling fruity trail where citrus and grapefruit melt with juicy apple and sweet pear. The aquatic floral heart of peony then leads to musk’s softness. As fresh and pure as the morning dew.'
Now I didn't smell this product before I bought it (don't ask me why, I don't know) but my thought process went like this:
'It looks nice, Spring is coming up soon and I love fresh scents, this is perfect'
I don't like the smell.
Now it must be a popular product with lots of people loving the scent because looking online its out of stock but it's just not for me. I find the smell is a tad too overbearing for me and it gives me a headache and makes me feel a bit sick (am I the only one that gets like this from some smells? probably.)

6.  Quick Dry Barry M Nail Paint
I love quick drying nail polish because there's nothing I hate more (I lie. There are plenty of things) than waiting for my nails to dry! It takes forever and i am guaranteed to smudge at least one. So this nail polish is perfect, it dries quick and is the perfect pale pink colour- perfect for spring! Although I do feel like this will require two layers just to get a nice even finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment