Contact

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Why life is better than Disney movie.


After a long day at work I got home, made myself a cup of tea, flopped down on the sofa and switched on Netflix. After a loooong flick through (is it me or is it near on impossible to find something to watch on Netflix nowadays?!) I settled on Cinderella... Don't judge. It probably wasn't the best idea considering my frame of mind but it got me thinking (and I'm about to go real deep here, I do apologise) about Disney films in comparison to reality.

Most young girls grow up on Disney films, they own Disney merchandise and when asked what they want to be when they grow up, they dream of being a Disney Princess. They dream of being beautiful, wearing stunning ball gowns, meeting Prince Charming and living Happily Ever After.

Life is not singing to animals and living with seven small men
It's much much more...

It's about being hung up on all your tiny imperfections (trust me, you get over it and if you're not there yet, you will be soon!) It's about love and loss. It's about working lots for little. It's about kissing many many frogs and sometimes never meeting your prince. It's nights out with your best friends, waking up and cringing so hard at last nights antics that you feel your face may fall off. It's about going on holiday, seeing the world, trying your hardest to come back with that desired summer tan but stepping off the plane back home resembling Sebastian from the little mermaid. It's making New Years resolutions and being lucky if they last past the 3rd January. It's about laughing so hard you end up with tears down your face and no sound leaving you. It's growing older but never growing up.

Life is what you make it.
Make it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment