Contact

Sunday 12 March 2017

This time next month...


Two years since I last visited my little corner of the internet. Two Years. I have made the decision to delete all past posts and start afresh as I was all over the place with this blog before Not to mention I cringed so hard at 90% of my old posts I was positive I'd have to change my name and leave the country.

Anywhoooo...

I am quite possibly the least motivated person I have ever come across, my mind has so many great ideas but when it comes to it I just have no oomf to act on these thoughts and ideas. This is why I am writing this post on a Sunday evening (as I once heard that Monday is the best day to make a change) I feel as though setting myself simple goals and putting them out to the internet may give me a slim chance of actually completing them.

1. Go to the gym at least once a week
I have had a gym membership for the last 6 months and have been probably about 20 times. Now I'm not made of money and I get so annoyed at myself because the money is just going down the drain. I am also the unfittest person in the South East and have come to realise last week when I attempted (emphasis on the word attempted) to go jogging with my friend. So I figure if I go to the gym at least once a week i'll eventually (could take a while) build up my fitness.

2. Go to a boot sale
Boot sales are a great way of getting rid of all the junk you don't need and my gosh haven't I accumulated a lot of junk. I have spent the weekend chucking things away but putting the majority of it on ebay, shpock and depop (its not going well so far, hence the boot sale idea) Its just not the same as seeing the items in person and feeling the atmosphere, they're great fun, especially with friends.

3. Take in my surroundings
I am 110% guilty of living life through my phone, I get so engrossed in social media that I forget to look up. I spend my life listening to music, talking to friends and flicking through the same apps on a loop. The other day I accidentally left my headphones at home but in a way it was one of the best things I've done as it made me take in my surrounding on the walk home from work, rather than blocking out the world with my music I heard the birds in the trees, the dogs playing in the park and the builders listening to their radio whilst working on the roof of a house and it really made me think of everything I could be missing because I'm constantly looking down. So this month my goal is to learn that my phone doesn't need to be glued to my hand, to walk to and from work without my music and to just spend more time looking up.

Tell me any goals you wish to achieve this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment